April Fools: Tyler, The Creator pushes Wolf back two more months

Way back when in early 2010, the “leader” of rap group Odd Future Wolf Gang (Odd Future, OFWG) and Las Angeles native, Tyler Okonma, better known by his stage name Tyler, The Creator mentioned the release of his third studio album entitled Wolf. It would be the final installment of the trilogy including, Bastard and Goblin, his first two albums. At first, Tyler stated that the album would be set to release sometime in May 2012, but then on May 10, 2012 said it was being pushed to the end of summer of that year. He changed the date of release two other times, one before the end of summer and then the other being sometime in November. But finally, on February 14, 2013, he uploaded a video to Youtube featuring a skydiving L-Boy, saying that the album will officially be released on April 2nd, 2013. Take notice of the word “official” in the previous sentence.

Last week, Tyler posted a Tweet saying that due to recording and transportation problems, he had to push the release of Wolf back two more months. This statement was then later approved by Odd Future’s manager, Christian Clancy, when he uploaded a video to Odd Future’s Tumblr. In the video he said, “OF and myself have been anticipating this release for a while, we were so close to finally releasing it and have worked so hard. But yes, due to major inconveniences, the release of Wolf has been hindered and must wait two more months. We’re sorry, Wolf Gang”

Wait, two more months?! That is dangerously close to blasphemy! This is just heartbreaking because in total, the release date of Wolf has been changed six times. Senior Calvin Bruening is not happy about the inconvenience, a big fan of Odd Future and Tyler, “I’m actually kind of mad about it. I’ve been waiting like three years for this album, man.” And to be honest I am kind of upset about it too. When asked about her thoughts senior Rachel Glaser answered with, “I don’t listen to Odd Future or Tyler too much… But from what I’ve heard, I really like it and I’m not too upset by the change. I can wait.” So, despite the fact that we have to wait two more months to hear the maniacal, musical genius that is Tyler, The Creator and Odd Future as a whole, this recent date change could be just another one of the infamous internet trolls that Tyler, The Creator tends to pull off.