Citizenship: Kaylynn Hill, the Nicest Girl Around

Ryan Watts, Staff Writer

For her help and love throughout the community, Kaylynn Hill is being given the Citizenship Award. Kaylynn Hill is an inspiration to the community. She has spent her entire high school career dedicating herself to a life of service. From a young age, she always knew that she wanted to live a life of service. “I knew growing up, my mother was a very hard worker and she always found time to go out of her way for her and her children along with other people.  I knew that there was more to life than yourself and I wanted to live a life of service to others.” she said. These were some very encouraging words. She was in shock when she found out that she was chosen for this award. Her exact words were, “”I am very humbled that my peers see me as a beacon of light in the community.”

Kaylynn is a senior this year. Her plans for after college are not completely clear yet. She is possibly attending LakelandCommunity College, but that idea is still up in the air, but she wants to go for psychology. She was asked if she felt that she had the Citizenship characteristics, and she replied, “I have consciously tried to live a life of service through high. I started with student council, and I continued through sophomore year. Then as a class office sophomore. At the end of sophomore is where ac4p took off. It was my vessel to go help others.  Junior year I was in student council again. Then I dedicated my life to ac4p and helping the community.” From AC4P to leadership class, Kaylynn has done it all. She tries to help out wherever she can no matter how hard the task is. I believe that there is not one person out there who can say anything bad about her. She has done so many activities from AC4P to Leadership to student council and more. The one thing that Hill wishes to leave behind is a legacy. Kaylynn states, “Chardon has been good to me. The legacy that I wish to leave behind here is one of positivity and service.” She wanted to give a special thanks to Kyle Pacque for being an amazing mentor and her rock, and one to Mrs. Joan Blackburn, for being like a second mother to her and showing her what true compassion and love are. Like all people, Kaylynn didn’t just start at the high school; she made her friends, adjusted to the new scenery, and has really made a name for herself here. This school wouldn’t have the TLC class or AC4P if not for her. She is an amazing girl with a whole world of opportunity ahead of her. Hill said, “When actively caring came to Chardon, I knew I had found my passion in life.” That was more than two years ago and she still stays true to that statement. We wish her the best of luck in college and hope for her to do great things. She will be a very well remembered member of the Chardon School Community.