Senior Spotlight: Tori Lacasse

Tori Lacasse is a senior at ChardonHigh School who enjoys the more artsy side of life, whether it’s styling hair, playing guitar, or painting. She is the second Lacasse child to roll through CHS; her sister Holly is a freshman in college. Tori has been singing since she was four years old and playing guitar since she was 14.

She has always had a more artistic outlook on life, expressing her thoughts through song or drawings. She has maintained solid grades all through high school, maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA.

Some of her artwork has been featured in art shows, winning a few ribbons. She has played quit a few shows with her guitar at bonfires, churches, coffee shops, and talent shows. “She is a very talented artist, both musically and with a brush,” said senior Hannah Reimer.

Tori’s mom has been with Tori during her high school and middle school careers. When Tori were in middle school, her mother was a librarian and when Tori moved into high school, she too moved up to be the attendance office. Her mother stated “I am so proud of Tori, and I will miss her and her friends being in my office every day.” Tori has always had a knack for hair and makeup, and taught herself the techniques necessary to be enrolled into BrownAvedaSchool for Cosmetology. Tori took part in a competition with 64 other girls to win a scholarship, who all had to do hair and makeup on a real model. Tori chose to do Brianna Lang’s hair and makeup, and ended up placing third and winning a $1,000 scholarship. Junior Liam Dewalt explained that he “always knew Tori would make a career in some art field, and it’s no surprise that she is.”

Tori finds inspiration for her work through family and friends. “My dad is a huge part in my inspiration,” she explained “He helps me record my songs and shows me how to improve the sound of my music.” Tori has recorded two songs, one solo and one with her previous band “The Yellow Duckies.” Tori continues to better herself in school and through her art.