Daniel Curry: Puttin’ Some Spice In Your Life

Daniel Jacob Curry was born November 30, 1994, to his father Lawrence and his mother Cheryl. He has a sister named Rebecca who currently attends OhioUniversity and older brothers Joel and Gary who both reside in Colorado. Since freshman year, Daniel has become highly active in school, sports and his own personal hobby, skateboarding. “He’s a friendly boy and very positive!” exclaims senior William Porter. “I met him in art class freshman year and it changed my life.”

Daniel skipped pre-school and went straight on to attending Park Elementary. Daniel loved to play Yu-gi-oh!, watch Dragonball Z and hang out with his friends. He began skateboarding in first grade and though he stopped for a while, he began to skate again in sixth grade and has not stopped since. A true story of hard work paying off, Daniel has become an incredible skateboarder, not surprising to anyone who knows him. “Daniel is super fly,” jokes senior Austin Marthe. “I’ve known him since seventh grade and he’s been a great buddy and an amazing skateboarder.”

Daniel had a very eventful high school career. He played soccer for three years, starting sophomore year, and four years of tennis, achieving a varsity letter in both. “[Curry] is part of the spiritual nucleus of the JV [soccer] team,” says senior Nick Giorgi. “He went on to become the leading scorer for JV.” He took AP physics, AP chemistry and AP Calculus ab his senior year, still making time to continue skateboarding, play two sports, participate in the CHS performance of “Thoroughly Modern Millie”, and make it onto prom court. “[Daniel] is highly enthusiastic in what he does [in Physics],” says Daniel’s AP Physics teacher Mr. Ciferno. “He is highly talented and going a long way in his career.”

“Little Boy Blue [Curry] is the best son a pa could ask for,” emotes senior Billy Weaver. “There is no better co-pilot than him.” After high school, Daniel plans on attending LakelandCommunity College, where his dad works. After a few years, he plans on transferring to the University of Denver. He’s majoring in mechanical engineering, of which he hopes to make a career. “Overall, Daniel is just an awesome dude that will put a smile on your face no matter what,” remarks junior Trevor Marthe. Daniel Curry is one of the nicest students at ChardonHigh School, and the most well-deserving of any and all good-fortune. He is someone I am proud to have been friends with for eleven years.