Aubrey Jordan: a gentleman and a scholar

The quiet kid you walked past in the hallways with glasses and a bald head; that is Aubrey Jordan. Parents George and Kelly, Aubrey was born on June 17th, 1995. Aubrey grew up in the small town of Hambden, on the outskirts of Chardon. His brother Ian is currently a freshman at Chardon High School.
            Aubrey is generally a quiet kid that does not like to cause a lot of commotion. That is, until he gets together with his friends. “I am not a very loud kid while I am at school, but once I get together with my friends, I like to mess around and open up a little bit” said Aubrey. When asked who his closest friends are, it was not an easy question for Aubrey to answer, but when he thought it through he had a clear answer, “Man, this is tough, I mean if I had to pick my closest friends, I would have to say the Laudato brothers and Alec Bost. We are pretty close to each other.”

Once Aubrey graduates from Chardon, he plans on attending AshlandUniversity. He will major in computer science in hopes of one day being a software engineer and working for a major corporation like Microsoft. “At first I wanted to go to college and major in something that involved Chemistry, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to work with computers. I am a very computer savvy guy. Growing up I was always fixing the computer when something went wrong. I am very familiar with computers and enjoy everything about them” said Aubrey.
            Aubrey has spent all four years of high school running cross country and track. When asked of what he thinks when he hears the name Aubrey Jordan, Mr. Bartley with out a moment’s hesitation said, “Tremendous student, incredible work ethic, and the team player a coach wants. When you talk to Aubrey, everything is ‘Yes sir, No sir’. He is just the kind you want on your team. I truly believe Aubrey’s best moments are yet to come. You never have to doubt him. You can always count on Aubrey to perform. His determination to succeed is undeniable and remarkable. Aubrey is a leader, no question about it.”
            “I have been friends with Aubrey since 7th or 8th grade” stated Alec Bost. “Aubrey got me into cross country, I am pretty happy about that. When it is just us, we like to just mess around and play some Xbox.” When asked about a great memory he shares with Aubrey, it did not take Bost long to think it over. “It was cold out this one day, I am pretty sure snow was still on the ground. We were goofing off chilling in the hot tub. There was a pond close by and Aubrey ran and jumped into the pond. I’m pretty sure half the pond was covered with ice,” Alec said with a laugh. “As soon as he went into the pond he screamed and ran back to the hot tub. It was just one of those funny moments that will always stick with me,” Bost said while smiling.
            Mrs. Rohr is one of Aubrey’s favorite teachers. When asked what she thought of Aubrey, she replied with more than enough information. “He is such a dedicated student. He is always working hard. He does like to turn in his lab at the very last second, though. It will be just before midnight and I would see a car by my mailbox dropping off a lab, and it is always Aubrey,” said Mrs. Rohr shaking her head, but with a big grin on her face. “One time he and his friends actually stopped by just to say hi. He is just such a friendly person.” Aubrey is a little more open in her class, according to Mrs. Rohr, “During labs Aubrey and Shaker like to prank every now and then. They like to torment some students sometimes.”
            Aubrey is known to be a quiet kid, but there are times he likes to mess around and pull some pranks. Aubrey is a hard working athlete, but more importantly he is a hard working student. He has the type of work ethic you want. Aubrey has a bright future ahead of him. I and many others wish him nothing but the best as he moves on to AshlandUniversity.