Allie is the Real Diehl

Every day, Chardon is lucky enough to have Allie Diehl walk its halls. Allie is a stellar athlete, genius in the classroom, and an incredible friend to all.

Having been voted on to the Homecoming court earlier this year, it is no doubt that Allie is loved by her classmates. “Allie is the best!” said senior Sarah Fisher, “She is an all around amazing person.”

Around campus, Allie is loved by many. From freshmen to seniors, she holds many great relationships that were made by her four years in track and cross country. “Her friendly smile can brighten anyone’s day!” said senior Kristen Novotney.

As well as being an amazing friend, Allie out-performs many not only on the track, but on the cross country course as well as the basketball court.

Allie has earned an astounding amount of varsity letters in her years at Chardon. She has earned a total of ten in her years here! Beginning with freshman year, she has received a varsity letter every year in both track and cross country. As if this was not amazing enough, Allie took home first team PAC all four years. Not only has she dominated the course, she also has two varsity basketball letters. “Allie is a great athlete, almost to the point where she can compete with me,” joked senior Steven Shaker.

Recently at the awards ceremony, Allie was presented with the OHSAA Scholar Athlete award. This award is a huge honor, and is awarded to the student athlete that excels not only in their particular sports but in the classroom as well. “Allie epitomizes the Scholar Athlete,” said Mr. Snyder, who chose Allie to win the award. “With a stellar 4.0 GPA while achieving a varsity letter in three different sports, she truly earned this award.”

Allie has a strong presence on the track and the cross country course, and Coach Combs wanted this to be known. When asked the first word that comes to his mind when he thought of Allie, “Energetic” is what popped up. With her energy, amazing attitude, and love for the sport, Allie is a marvelous teammate and athlete.

In addition, Allie exceeds well beyond expectations in the classroom as well. Earning an astonishing 4.0 GPA, making her the top rank in the class while taking the hardest classes offered to her, her academic prowess is easily seen by those around her.

Being a member of NHS and other clubs, Allie has donated a great deal of time to the aid and betterment of her community. Though she is extremely busy with three sports, she amazingly finds time to give to the community in a number of service projects in which she has participated in over the years.

Next year, West VirginiaUniversity will be lucky enough to have Allie brightening their campus. She plans on using her smarts and majoring in some type of Engineering. She looks to continue her running career and walk on to the cross country team as well. WVU is getting a treat with the commitment of Allie to their institution, and she will be missed by many here at Chardon.