New Orleans right at Home: Bourbon Street Barrel Room Review

If this is the closest to the New Orleans food I’ll get in Cleveland I couldn’t imagine the rich, authentic meals you would get in the hearts of New Orleans.

Kayla Robinson, Staff Writer

It is the closest to New Orleans food you’ll get in Cleveland. Bourbon Street Barrel Room is a Cajun restaurant with New Orleans cuisine in Cleveland, Ohio. Located on Professor Ave. in a two-story building, filled with warm lighting and chandeliers, you can be seated at the lower level or the top to look over to the lower level. With alluring music and dark wire decore. There were a plethora of options to choose from New Orleans cuisines to cheeseburgers and salads, as well as vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. As an appetizer, the table ordered Swamp Fries and Gator Bites. The fries are served with your choice of meat and Cajun seasoning. Doused in cheese sauce with a top of BBQ sauce. The gator bites crispy alligator tail meat. With two side sauce options of Bistro Sauce and Louisiana Hot Sauce. According to the meat-eaters at the table, it was like eating a basket of popcorn chicken.

I wanted to try something new so I ordered the Vegan Ratatouille Royal. The meal was brown rice and freshly baked vegetables. The portions are very large with enough left to take home later to savor the flavor of New Orleans. We all collectively knew we had to order the beignets, the well-known treat from the hit Disney movie The Princess and the Frog. Beignets are fried dough doused in powdered sugar. I was living my Disney princess dreams of eating fresh delicious powdery beignets for dessert. Each meal gave my taste buds a new flavor that I would love to experience again. If this is the closest to the New Orleans food I’ll get in Cleveland I couldn’t imagine the rich, authentic meals you would get in the hearts of New Orleans.

If you would like to try New Orleans food near you I recommend trying Bourbon Street Barrel Room. This is a busy restaurant that will require reservations. I loved the atmosphere and meals. Also, parking is limited and will need to be parked on a side street. 

I would rate it a 9/10.