Elf on the Shelf

With Christmas approaching you better be ready. Not only is Santa watching but also his little helpers. The most newly popular thing around Christmas time is the Elf on the Shelf. Many have wondered what it is and what is the point. For a lot of families this is a tradition for them since the Elf came out back in 2005.2012 Elf on the Shelf - Snowy

The Elf of the Shelf is a Santas helper who “watches” the children and then reports back to Santa. While the Elf only makes his appearance after Thanksgiving and leaves before Christmas, he is always watching. But the thing is, this Elf is not a well behaved elf. He/she is always messing things up around your home.

How the Elf on the Shelf works is once everyone goes to bed, the Elf flies to the North Pole to report to Santa. The next morning when everyone gets up, the Elf is in a new spot with a mess it created.

The writer of the elf made the elf get into mishaps at night. While the children are asleep, the parents usually make the elf get into the flour and throw it all over the kitchen or eat the cookies.

Once you name the Elf, it then becomes magical. The only rule is, is that you cannot touch the elf or it will lose its special powers.

As I talked to my fellow classmate Jacqui Prince she tells me all about her Elf, Marvin she has at home.

“ My little brother named our Elf. It really helps him to still believe that there is still a Santa. Chad actually listens to my mom  when she says that Marvin will tell Santa if he acts up.”

The writer of Elf on the Shelf, Carol Aebersold, wrote this with her daughter. When you go to buy the book, you can either choose from a boy or a girl elf. The Elfs on the Shelfs start off at $29.95 and last for a lifetime!

If you want to start a fun new Christmas Tradition, Elf on the Shelf is definitely one!