April Fools: Mr. Snyder Wins Sarcastic Person of the Year award

Picasa 3.0

Last week, local Chardon High School teacher and Athletic Director Mr. Snyder won Sarcastic Person of the Year award. He received the award on March 22, 2013 from Mr. Bergant.  The award ceremony took place at the Cleveland Improv Club located in downtown Cleveland. Mr. Sedlak stated “If he wasn’t legally bound by contract to work here, he probably wouldn’t, he would much rather pursuing his life long goal to be a private for hire birthday clown.” Mr. Snyder was so ecstatic when he received the award. In his speech, he thanked himself; his sharp-witted mind, and lastly himself, again, in that exact order. Mr. Armelli stated after the ceremony “Beautiful Day” and smiled without saying another word.

CHS senior Ian Taylor exclaimed that “Mr. Snyder is the most sarcastic person to step through the doors of CHS, but in a good way.” Out of 123 different teachers in Geauga County; Snyder voted by students and parents only to win by 3 votes. Snyder may have just won, but he has already started campaigning for next year’s ceremony.

Every day at school, Mr. Snyder puts forth an exemplary amount of effort in his jokes. He is often found to be the only one to laugh at his jokes and comments, often because the kids are left speechless. Any effort to retort or return a sarcastic comment to Snyder is futile. Hisyears of sarcasm training and conditioning under his belt has molded him into a “Sarcastic Knight.” Snyder was quoted yesterday saying “Oh, you think Sarcasm is your ally. But you merely adopted Sarcasm; I was born in it, molded by it. I act serious until I was already a man; by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!”