Record Winter This Year!

Record Winter This Year!

This year’s winter will be colder and snowier than usual, so don’t forget to prepare. According to the long range weather summary from www.almanac.com, 

“Winter will be colder than normal, with the coldest periods in late December, throughout January, and in early February. Precipitation will be below normal in the east and near normal in the west. Snowfall will be above normal in most of the region, with the snowiest periods in mid-December, early and mid-January, and early February.” Here is a more in depth forecast according to almanac.com.
“NOVEMBER 2014: temperature 38° (3° below avg.); precipitation 3.5″ (avg. east, 2″ above west); Nov 1-5: Showers, mild; Nov 6-9: Snow showers, cold; Nov 10-14: Rain, then snow showers, cold; Nov 15-20: Sunny, mild;Nov 21-30: Snowy periods, cold. DECEMBER 2014: temperature 28° (4° below avg.); precipitation 2.5″ (0.5″ below avg.); Dec 1-7: Rain and snow showers, mild; Dec 8-15: Snow showers, cold; Dec 16-19: Lake snows, cold; Dec 20-26: Snow showers; cold east, seasonable west; Dec 27-31: Lake snows, very cold.”

This means that students of CHS will have to prepare for a harsh winter. Some tips on preparing your car for winter are: Making sure you have tires that will provide traction, bring extra layers and blankets in your car in case your car gets stuck, bring something like bags of sand or salt that can help give you traction if you get stuck and detour if necessary, but make sure to avoid back roads that are not plowed well. As for preparing yourself, here are some tips: Don’t spend a lot of time outside, walk carefully because sidewalks are icy and wear lots of layers, to prevent frostbite and hypothermia. Students will be excited for the possibility of having multiple snow days this year. However, we still need to prepare to go to school every morning.

,

This means that students of CHS will have to prepare for a harsh winter.  Some tips on preparing your car for winter are: Making sure you have tires that will provide traction, bring extra layers and blankets in your car in case your car gets stuck, bring something like bags of sand or salt that can help give you traction if you get stuck and detour if necessary, but make sure to avoid back roads that are not plowed well.  As for preparing yourself, here are some tips:  Don’t spend a lot of time outside, walk carefully because sidewalks are icy and wear lots of layers, to prevent frostbite and hypothermia. Students will be excited for the possibility of having multiple snow days this year. However, we still need to prepare to go to school every morning.