A Step in the Right Direction

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Step in the Right Direction

Cooper Snyder, Staff Writer

With 5 returning varsity lettermen, the team looks to improve morale from last year’s optimistic start, but disappointing finish. After a 6-2 start, last year’s Toppers won only one game throughout the rest of the year, finishing with a mere 7-15 record. This year, however, the team looks to build on that, and improve the standards of Chardon Basketball. Nick Mysyk was a part of the team last year and had this to say about the team’s goals this upcoming season: “We had a lot of talent last year, but this year I feel like we’ll have more heart. I’m really excited to see what we can accomplish.”

Unlike last year’s highly talented, yet motivationally lacking squad, this year’s team looks to win games with hard work and execution of the offense, as well as a strong defensive presence. The regular season starts on December 2nd at West Geauga, and the team is looking to kick the year off with a bang. With the help of Coach Chad Mark, as well as JV Coach Chad Murawski, and Freshmen Coach Dan Heidenreich, Coach Snyder looks to improve the standard and perception of the program as a whole. He had this to say about this upcoming season: “I look forward to coaching this group of players. A lot of these guys have played together since travel teams, and I think you will see a team that is unselfish and really learns how to play together over the course of this season. The potential is there for some solid leadership to evolve, which we will need because there will be the opportunity for some younger kids to contribute to our team this year.”

Seeing as how the strength, as well as the reputation, of the basketball program was incredibly questionable two long years ago, many hope this season is another positive step in the right direction. With optimistic coaches, as well as excited players, this season has all the ingredients to be an entertaining, fun-to-watch team.

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Madden 18 Review

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Chardon Swimming

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Kevin Durant, A Young Legend

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Johnny Football or Johnny Dud?

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Chardon Gymnastics

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

That Time Of Year

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Lady Toppers Look to Continue Another Successful Season

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Toppers Looking To Pick It Up After A Few Poor Seasons

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Chardon Football Begins Playoff Journey

• A Step in the Right Direction

Sports

Senior Night 2014

The news site of Chardon High School
A Step in the Right Direction