Cavs Looking to Pick It Up in the Second Half of the Season

After starting off the season with a 16-33 record, they’re going into All-Star Weekend on a four game win streak. Beating the Wizards, Grizzlies, Kings and the Detroit Pistons last night, they are looking to turn things around. After acquiring what could be one of the most disappointing number one overall picks ever, in Anthony Bennett, he actually seems to be picking it up as well. Scoring 19 points and grabbing ten boards against the Kings, hopefully he can make a turnaround as well.

“I am glad to finally see the Cavs playing as a team and not individual ball,” says junior Ryan Doyle. That’s exactly what they are finally doing. Playing together. They now understand that that’s what it takes to be a winning program. They can’t rely on one single player to do all of the work. Everybody has to contribute. “I was sick of watching them lose all of the time. It was to a point where I couldn’t even watch them anymore. Finally they started to win, and I could watch them again,” says senior Joe Connick. The Cavs now have some confidence back and that is just what they need.

The only problem for the Cavs is being able to keep that confidence. They tend to play as a team one day, and then fade away the next. They have to keep up the team effort, in order to keep up the wins, in hopes that they’ll have enough to make playoffs this season. “It would be great to see the Cavs make playoffs, to finally see the program get back to where they were,” says junior Danny Komertz. Hopefully, the Cleveland Cavaliers will get their program back to the way it was, and maybe the Cleveland basketball fans will be happy once again.