A Homecoming for Coach Hall

A Homecoming for Coach Hall
The Plain Dealer

On November 1st, the Chardon Hilltoppers will take on the Lakeside Dragons. It is the last game for both teams this season. But that is not the only reason it is a big game. Former Topper coach, Frank Hall, is coaching on Chardon’s field for the first time since last year. Only this time, he will not be on the Chardon side.

Coach Hall accepted the head coaching job at Lakeside starting this season. Ever since he accepted the job, he has had little communication with ChardonHigh School, so many people are looking forward to his appearance at the game next Friday. “Coach Hall was someone I always looked up to. He always told me right from wrong and would help me with whatever I needed. He is a great man,” says senior Joey Fodor. Coach Hall was not only a teacher everyone looked up to and respected, he was a best friend too. He would always say Hi or What’s up to people in the halls. It wouldn’t matter who it was; Coach Hall would always say something to someone that would brighten their day. Everyone admired Coach Hall. They all know what he has done for this school and what he means to every student and staff member in it. He was, and I’m sure still is, a big ball of joy that everyone loves to be around. Almost every period, people would be sitting at his desk talking to him in study hall.

“I’ll always remember the day he left. The whole football team got called down to the library at the end of the day after school. None of us knew what it was about! Once we sat down Coach Hall got up and started talking. Once he announced he was leaving, no one could believe it. We all loved Coach Hall so much, and were just shocked he was leaving us,” says senior Joe Connick.

Coach Hall will always be missed at Chardon, which is one of the reasons his return at this game means so much. Everyone will always remember what Coach Hall has done for us. and who he was to everyone at this school. The football team will forever remember how he spent practices, constantly yelling, but still smiling. Coach Hall will always be in our hearts wherever he goes. And hopefully, he feels the same about Chardon.