Amanda Casamatta makes it to districts!

“Hard work, dedication, and setting time goals” are what got senior Amanda Casamatta to districts. She ended her season with a splash when she competed at districts last weekend. She competed in the 100 fly, which is her favorite stroke because it’s challenging  though she considers it her best stroke. After a week of tapering she finished in 38th place out of 40 with a time of 107.98. Her best time is a 106.56, but luckily, she will get another chance to set a P.R.

Casamatta has decided to carry on her hard work and dedication and swim in college. She is still undecided on whether she will swim at HiramCollege or JohnCarrollUniversity. Casamatta says she has always loved the sport and started competing on the Chardon Swim Team her freshman year. Her favorite part of being on the team is “the people, Because you are spending so much time at practices you really get to know everyone on the team well.” The swim team practices five days a week at Spire in Geneva, PerryHigh School, and the Geauga YMCA. The season starts in the beginning of November and ends in the beginning of February, but Casamatta still continues to swim.

She is now swimming for a USA swim league and competing in the Silvers and Golds championship meets. To be in these meets the swimmer must have certain qualifying times, Bronze being the slowest qualifying times and Golds are the fastest. Casamatta’s advice for anyone wanting to reach their goals is “to work their hardest, never give up, and to keep a positive frame of mind.”