Where should Michael Vick go?

Michael Vick was on the bubble going into Wednesday because of his guaranteed three million for the 2013 season. The rules are that if they kept him past the February 6 deadline, Michael Vick would have to be paid at least three million by the Philadelphia Eagles. But there is a loop hole in the system. If the Eagles decide to trade him or release him to free agency, and he were to sign with a new team that paid him more than three million, the Eagles would not have to pay him anything. “This was a very smart move by the Eagles to keep him, because no matter what ends up happening he will make more than three million no matter where he goes,” senior Alex Muir said.

If he is released, there are two teams that he could possibly go to. The Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills would most likely take him. “I think the either team is a good landing sport,” Junior Andrew Gray said. The Cleveland Browns are the main landing spot for the athletic quarterback. They are in need of a game changing quarterback that can flip the score in a second. The only problem is that Vick can be a turnover machine. If he can control the ball and keep it in the hands of his team, he can be very productive. “I don’t know if he is the right fit,” senior Mike Komertz said.

The other possible landing spot is the Buffalo Bills. “Buffalois in real need of a playmaker quarterback,” Senior Jake Greene said. They have a quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has had some success but just can not seem to pull a whole season together. They are starting to think that he is not the future quarterback they need. The NFL teams are always about making the playoffs, one thing Michael Vick can help them do, but only time will tell what is to come. Chardon graduate Daniel Belliveau said, “I really hope that Michael Vick will come to the Browns. Half the fun of watching football is that it is exciting. Vick will bring that to what ever team he is playing on next year.”