Pakistani School Attacked

On December 15th, it was a normal day for most. Children of all ages were heading to school for just another day. All across the world, millions of adolescents went through their classes and extracurricular activities then went home and was accompanied by their loving family. Sophomore Dan Cioleck said, “ Tuesday was just a normal boring day… Math,science,history? Nothing new, same old boring stuff we do every day,”  when I asked how was his Tuesday at school went. I Then asked Dan if he knew what had happened in Peshawar, Pakistan. His eyes widened like he should of known what had happened. I informed Dan that 130+ children  and teachers were murdered in a Taliban attack and a normal school just like ours. I then asked Dan if his “same old boring stuff” was still “boring.” Dan was thankful his school day went just as planned.

This Taliban attack  lasted for almost 9 hours, as security forces fought for the survival of students and teachers. When the clash had ended and the dust settled, medical officials rushed in and helped all victims. Parents of the students were absolutely  aghast and horrified. A father of a victim of the mass murder said “ My son was in uniform today, now he will be in a casket.”

As a father, Tahir Ali wailed in pain. A much luckier parent whose child was spared in the act said, “I am thankful for God for giving my son a second life.”  After the militants of the Taliban were eliminated, troops were sent in to sweep the school for explosives, children and teachers were watched as they scrambled out of their “almost grave” dressed in green sweaters and blazers hand in hand. The Prime minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif,  declared 3 days of mourning for the extreme losses. He continued to strongly state that, “These terrorists are enemies of Pakistan and enemies of humanity.”

This horrible act of inhumane behaviour was mourned by a wide variety of places and people. Support from countless countries and neighboring schools is being sent in to the Pakistan school. British prime minister David Cameron named this attack “Deeply shocking, Horrifying that children are being murdered simply for going to school.” American ambassador to Pakistan, Richard G. Olson, said the United States “Stands in solidarity with the people of Pakistan.”