April Fools: Eric Bartley to become ABC’s next Bachelor

April Fools: Eric Bartley to become ABCs next Bachelor

Season seventeen of ABC’s hit show The Bachelor recently aired its last episode. On the live show aired as part of the finale, “After the Final Rose,” the contestants for next year’s The Bachelorette and the following season of The Bachelor were revealed. While the next Bachelorette will be a contestant from the last season of The Bachelor, ABC decided to go with a whole new face for the eighteenth season of The Bachelor.  To our surprise, ChardonHigh School’s own physical science and chemistry teacher Eric Bartley was announced as the lucky man.

Because Bartley had not nominated himself for the role, he was also surprised by the announcement. It turns out that he was nominated by juniors Stephanie Ferrante and Peyton Tatonetti and senior Angie Sorine. After an indoor track practice in January, the girls walked into Bartley’s room to find him crying in the corner. “We knew we had to do something about it,” Ferrante explained. Sorine added, “It occurred to us that maybe he enjoys torturing track kids because he is lonely. We decided we would try to find him someone to make him happy.”

Though the girls had good intentions, the task proved harder than they had originally anticipated. “I was kind of surprised to find out that Bartley is picky when it comes to women,” Tatonetti admitted. After brainstorming ideas together, they finally came up with the idea to nominate him for The Bachelor. They knew it was a long shot, but they thought that the show would give Bartley the opportunity to meet lots of eligible women. It would also give him the chance to be on television.

The girls were not sure about asking Bartley to be on television at first. Bartley tends to be reserved and timid, so they thought he might shy away from having to show off in front of millions of viewers. Eventually, the girls decided it would be best for him to find a match on television where he might meet someone who would help him break out of his shell.

When Bartley got the call from Chris Harrison, the host of the show, telling him he would be next year’s contestant, he was thrilled. “I was definitely surprised at first,” he admitted, “and I was a little bit angry at the girls for nominating me without asking. But I know they had my best interest at heart, so I decided I would give it a try.” Do not miss Chardon’s very own Eric Bartley on The Bachelor next fall! “I’m sure it will be a good season,” Bartley insisted. “Everyone will get to watch me break out of my shell, gain the confidence I never had, and hopefully fall in love.” Chardon students are really looking forward to watching everything unfold on television.