It’s All About the Scare

It’s All About the Scare

It’s that time of year again Chardon High, with leaves changing color, weather getting colder, and of course, haunted houses. Haunted Houses are a very popular attraction among teenagers in the fall. Also, they are even more entertaining when you go with your friends. There are many local Haunted Houses in the Northeast Ohio region. Two of the most popular Haunted Houses in this area are Forsaken and 7 Floors of Hell.
Forsaken is located in Mentor, Ohio on Tyler Blvd. In this Haunted House there are three separate sections of horror with the purchase of one general admission ticket for $23 or a speed pass for $33. These sections include the Wheaton Manor mansion, the Quarantine, and the District. The overall themes of the houses are in the small village called Quiet Springs. The town became infected and is now left haunted. This is a good Haunted House being so close to Chardon.
“After going to Forsaken last year and then going again this year they have changed a lot of parts and made it scarier.” Sophomore Andrew Pikus stated.
Seven Floors of Hell is a little longer of a drive, as it is located in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. General admissions tickets cost $25 and a speed pass is available for $33. This Haunted House’s large amount of content makes this worth your money with seven separate houses to go through. The first house is the Body Snatchers and is similar to strolling through a voodoo tribal forest. The next house, called Zombie Apocalypse, is set in a city that has been taken over by zombies. The third house is House of Nightmares and is about spirits and freely-moving objects. Following this house is the Clown House, and it is exactly what it sounds like. The fifth house is the blood barn, and is not recommended for those who do not like gory and bloody scenes. Next is the Killer Theatre, filled with Hollywood killers completely surrounding you. Then, it is concluded with the Mental Ward which is filled with mental patients inside.
Many people have opposing opinions on which is the superior haunted house. Here are some people’s reviews and opinions on their haunted house experiences.
“I look for the scariest ones to go to, that’s how I rate my Haunted Houses.” Matt Morris was saying as he was picking out the house that he wanted to go to.
Sophomore Cassidy King recently went to Forsaken. This is what She said “I liked Forsaken, but wish I would have gone to 7 Floors of Hell just because there are so many different houses to go through for almost the same amount of money.”
Mitch Yako, a sophomore, thought Forsaken was a great haunted house. “It was my first time going to a haunted house and it was a blast. There were definitely some parts that scared me.”
On the other hand, Junior Skylla Tenney has been to many haunted houses over the years. “Haunted Houses are just my thing.” she says after she rattles off the list of haunted houses she has been to. “The scariest one I have gone to was the Undead Armagedon, a haunted forest, in Burton, Ohio last year!”
As you can tell there are many great Haunted Houses around Northeastern Ohio, so get out there and experience some scare and some terror with your friends at a Haunted House.