Let’s Go Rugby!

Lets Go Rugby!

Rugby is coming to Chardon! Lexi Jones a former rugby player for a Middlefield team is now trying to put together a team for the community of Chardon. She has been in rugby for a few years, and when her team broke up, her passion for the sport needed fueling. Her idea for a rugby team for Chardon has caught the eye of many interested people.

Rugby is often referred to as a game of animals played by gentlemen or, in this case, women because she is putting together an all girl rugby team of varying ages at the high school level. Mandatory drug tests and tryouts are required for this grueling but exciting sport. Lexi is a captain for the future Chardon team and stated that they need about 10 out of the 15 total players needed for the team.  She also welcomes any potential sponsors to step forward and help her make her dream of a Chardon rugby team. Any girl that loves sports and the excitement of a “hardcore” version of football should contact Lexi before it is too late. This intense sport has a goal at each side, like football, but this-triple-size-football-like-ball is only able to be passed backwards. There are many complicated plays, and along with that comes necessary positions that are open for any willing girls to try out for.  There are seven forward positions needed, and eight back, and all positions are important. The point of the game, similar to football is to place the ball on the opposing side, scoring a certain number of points.   There is an offense and defense, like in football. It is a very simple sport to learn, but must require a great deal of physical endurance and control. The community of Chardon could use another great sport like rugby to show the world the quality of people we have here, and to once again prove that we can do anything we set our minds to.  This will also give the ladies the chance to show the boys how to play a real sport, and that women can be just as fit and as athletic as men. If you want to join a rugby team there is no greater place than our hometown of Chardon to stand tall and proud. Time is limited though so any body interested should contact Lexi Jones as soon as possible on face book @ Lexi Jones (bacon).