Actively Caring: A Way of Life

Jim Stroup

Chardon High School has many clubs to offer. One of these many astonishing clubs is AC4P (Actively Caring for People). AC4P is a group of students that do “Intentional” acts of kindness as opposed to “Accidental”. Just recently the group went to Walter C. Best Park and cleared out the “Buckweed”. The group has students of all grade levels and anyone can join. They meet every Tuesday in Mr. Mizen’s room to discuss thing they can do to the community. The advisor for this is Mr. Robert Mizen. He has many plans AC4P, but it is not always work in the school. The students help out at many places. For example; the AC4P group just recently helped clean up Highbrook Lodge. They also go down to the Middle School to teach them about what it means to be Actively Caring.  AC4P was bought to our community by the students of Virginia Tech. They had experienced a shooting also, and to help their community heal they started the AC4P group.

A member from the group, Kaylynn Hill, is one of the main communicator between Chardon AC4P and Virginia Tech. Hill is always prepared and on the ball at every meeting. When she was asked if she felt that AC4P is a welcoming group she responded with, “Yes, we definitely welcome everyone! We are definitely a very diverse movement. We work with elementary children all the way up to the elders in the community. No one is shut out of the movement.” She gave the response of, “My role in AC4P is basically just being the “go-to” person! I help set up the bulletin board, make flyers, help with VT trips, and lead meetings.”

Junior student and fellow AC4P member Angela Minichello was asked what acts of kindness she performs. “Whatever comes up!” Minichello says, “It can be telling someone I like their hair or helping someone with homework.” She was also asked if she feels that there are any limitations on acts of kindness. She answered’ “Absolutely not! You should try to perform acts of kindness as much as you can!” From everything that has been said, Ac4p is a very impressive group filled with individuals that are ready to help anyone, anywhere!