Number 6 Has Arrived

Last week, Apple released the IPhone 6, causing some to call this the biggest change the company has made to the popular phone.  After months of anticipation, the global company gave what thousands wanted, a new IPhone.  The new IPhone has two different styles, the regular IPhone 6 and the IPhone 6 Plus.  The biggest difference between the two is the screen.  The 6 has a 4.7-inch screen, while the 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen.  The increase in screen size has caused a stir among possible owners of the new phone.  Kyle Grimm, a Galaxy Note 2 owner, is a fan of having a bigger screen like he currently has.

“The change Apple did to the IPhone screen was something I have been hoping they were going to do for a while.” Kyle says. Mr. Grimm continues with “this may put me over the hump to go to Apple.” Others dislike the change Apple has brought to the new phone’s screen. Jordan Barrett, an IPhone 5 owner, likes having a phone that “slides right into his pocket” and doesn’t like idea of having a phone “a size of a tablet”.

The designers at Apple also made some improvements to other aspects to the phone. With a 6.9 mm thickness on the 6, and a 7.1 mm thickness on the 6 Plus, these two are the thinnest IPhones produced.  Apple also increased the crispness of the screen’s display.  The phones will have brilliant colors and higher contrast on the new Retina HD display. The camera also got new upgrades as well, including a new sensor with Focus Pixels, 1080p HD picture, and time-lapse video mode.  Apple also added the capability to upload your credit card to an app called Apple Pay.  Apple Pay appears when you shake your phone and put your fingerprint on the scanner to use.  It can be used at designated stores and businesses.

“This is a really cool idea”, Drew McCartney says, “Who would of thought of this crazy capability?”

Each phone comes in three colors: silver, gold, and space grey.  They also come in three capacities: 16Gb, 64Gb, and 128Gb. With a two-year contract with AT&T, Verizon or Sprint, the 16Gb iPhone 6 is $199, 64Gb is $299 and 128Gb is $399.  Those prices are $100 more for the IPhone 6 Plus options.