Rachel Teuscher: Runs the world (girls)

One stand out senior has some of the best skills, talents, and the most energy of any student I know. Of course, I am talking about Rachel Teuscher. Rachel is a very gifted child. Her achievements include being an editor in newspaper, being in band throughout high school,  as well as having some of the best natural talent in the school. As senior Chrissy Savides said, “She’s…awesome!!”

Rachel first came to Chardon Schools in 4th grade, when she moved from Solon to the Snow Belt, and has been here ever since. The same year, senior Nicole Weaver also moved to Chardon. They have been friends throughout their student careers. Weaver told me, “I’ve known Rachel since 4th grade, and we’ve been friends ever since. She is very artistic and I think she will flourish through her college career.” Her best friend and new roommate next year, Kelly Bergenstein had a lot to tell me about Rachel. She said, “She’s been my best friend since she moved here in 4th grade, and there has never been a day that hasn’t been made better by her sense of humor. I can’t wait to be her roommate next year. BAD GIRLS 4 LYFE!”

From what others have told me, Teuscher has some of the best art work in the high school. Senior Nick Serra added, “I want to say that Rachel is a fantastic artist.” She has a natural talent at art, and all of her work reflects it. Art teacher Mr. Zitko told me that, “She has a consistent style of art that she uses throughout all of her work. In the end, she always has phenomenal, successful products.” If Mr. Zitko likes your art, it must be good. Senior Chrissy Savides also added, “She is one of the most talented artists I know. She has such a natural talent!” For one, I know that I am somewhat jealous of her art skills.

When not working on her most recent painting, Rachel is practicing her instruments. Rachel started playing piano when she was six, and she now plays trombone as well as the keyboard, bass and singing every once in a while. Rachel loves band. “She’s always the sassy one!” is what senior Rachel Burgess told me when asked about her band habits. Her talents do not stop there. Rachel is also very talented at writing, which is why she is one of the newspaper editors. Newspaper and English teacher Mr. Snyder said, “Rachel has been in newspaper for four years and over that time, she has matured as a person and as a writer. She is always a pleasure to have in my class.” Rachel had something to say to Mr. Snyder as well. She thinks he’s got a great sense of humor, and is very fun, but always balances it with his work. She respects him a lot.

Many of Rachel’s friends wanted to say something about her. Senior Cole Kornell told me, “Rachel is one of my great friends, and I like her a lot because she is one of the most honest people I know, literally. She will be brutally honest with you. I really enjoy our McDonalds Frappe meet ups, where we get fun and philosophical!” Rachel’s great friend Maddy McCluskey told me, “Rachel is one of the most talented kids I know, and she doesn’t give herself the credit. We’ve been friends since elementary school and her skill level has grown exponentionally. She has a terrific voice and is a great trombone player and pianist. She is an all around great person and is hilarious. I’m so glad to have her as a friend!” Nick Serra also wanted to add on, “Rachel has a great sense of humor. We are incredibly sarcastic with each other but it’s always in good fun.” Rachel has deeply made an impact on the Chardon community.

Her plans for the future are to go to the wonderful OhioUniversity to be a graphic designer, possibly for advertisement. She isn’t 100% sure that this is the path she wants to take, but she is sure where she is heading. Rachel is excited to finally be ending her career with ChardonHigh School, but she will miss it a lot.