Drew Gittins, the Renaissance Man

Drew Gittins, the Renaissance Man

Nick Mysyk and Joe Connick, Staff Writers

This past week a select group of students voted Drew Gittins to win the Renaissance award. This award goes to a student who displays a wide variety of categories of excellence: someone who distinguishes themselves through leadership, citizenship, sportsmanship, appreciation of the arts, and overall respect for the people around him. This award also goes to a student who illustrates well-rounded achievement, hard work, and determination. Drew Gittins has every one of these attributes and clearly the people around him recognize them. “It really is an honor knowing that I have won this award. I honestly was not expecting it at all, and I’m grateful that all of my peers have voted me for it,” said Drew.

Drew Gittins is a senior here at ChardonHigh School, and is a man of many talents. He is a two year letterman in football and a three year letterman in baseball. Along with this he is a part of AC4P (Actively Caring For People), which is a club where students get together and find ways to make our school a nicer and better place. Drew is also a member of student council, National Honor Society, a part of the Cathedral Council at his church, and a member of the Team Leadership Corps. Just to add on to his talents, Drew has been performing Martial Arts for ten years now, and is currently a brown belt. He will be trying for a black belt this summer. He has also been playing guitar and piano for most of his life. “I am not surprised at all that Drew has won this award. He is an all around great kid, and no one is more deserving of it,” said teacher Mr. Hewitt.

After high school, Drew is going to CapitalUniversity to play baseball. He will continue to be the leader that he is known for here at Chardon, and will continue to be just as involved as he is now. Drew has always been looked up to by his peers, and he has made our school and our community a better place for it. It is safe to say that nobody is more deserving of this award, than THE Drew Gittins.