Will They Do It Again?

John Kuntz

by Sarah Cardina

As we finish this past week, our very own Hilltoppers have us at 3-0. Making us undefeated so far this year. I wouldn’t call this a lucky streak for the boys though. They have seen to be putting a lot of time and effort on and off the field. They sure seem to be giving it their all.

“Tell me what the football team had done to prepare yourself for this season?’

“We have been lifting weights since January. We really wanted to focus on speed this year. Also, Championship Friday has really helped us out.”

After everything that had happening last Thursday, I believe everyone seem to have faith and give it their all. They really did show everyone who Chardon truly is and what we stand for.

“What does it is like cheering for such a supportive crowd?”

“The feeling I get every Friday night is something that I can’t really explain. Just having the support of citizens and the Crazies is great! I think it helps the football team too.”

The question that has been asked several times now…. will we make it to the playoffs this year? The last time Chardon was in the playoffs was back in 2012. The first and only State Championship so far was in 1994 and hopefully 2014.

“ Our team has been working very hard this year. As the playoffs go, we will play it game by game. I believe us as a team really work together. We are a family, and they are my brothers.”

Michael Cardina, Senior Varsity Football player.

While Chardon defeated Canton South last Friday leaving Canton in the dust, 40-20. We head into this week playing North at home. Will Chardon win another?