Sportsmanship: Stephanie Ferrante: Runs Away with the Sportsmanship Award

Blink and you might miss her. Stephanie Ferrante graduates this year leaving behind multiple school records for track and field and many competitors in the dust.

On and off the track, Stephanie never fails to leave a lasting impression on those around her.  Being voted on Prom court this year just goes to show how loved and respected Stephanie is as a student athlete here at Chardon High.

“Steph is a really good friend of mine, she is all around great person to be around and motivate you to do better!” said Senior Peyton Tattonetti.

Steph brings her very best to the track and to the classroom setting a great example for those around.  In the classroom, Steph has kept her grades up all four years in High School with honesty and hard work while setting records on the track along the way.

“Steph always comes to class with her work done, ready for any test, she is responsible and focused.” said Steph’s Physics teacher Mr.Robertson.

She holds the records for our school in the 100, 200, 400, 4×400, 4×100, 4×200, and the long jump.  In her most recent PAC meet, Steph won 1st in the 100, 200, and the 400.

“My favorite part about being on the track team has got to be just having fun with all my teammates and enjoying doing something we all love to do together!” said Steph.

“I think what makes someone a good teammate is someone who is willing to work hard and do anything to help the team take the win, and that’s what I try to do.”

Steph’s plans for college include running track for Oklahoma State all while studying Chemical Engineering and Pre-Med for a double major.  After college, Steph plans to be an Orthopedic surgeon.

“Even though I’m sad Steph is going to be so far away from me and the rest of her friends and family next year, I’m proud of her for following her dreams to run track in college and I know she will accomplish many things!” said Senior Marty Keppler.

I believe that I can say on behalf of all of CHS that we wish nothing but the best for Stephanie in her endeavors with track and academics in college! You have a bright future ahead of you!