Good Move by The Cavaliers

Good Move by The Cavaliers

On January 6th, the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Andrew Bynum away to the Bulls for Luol Deng. Trading Andrew Bynum, who claimed he didn’t even want to play for the Cavs anymore, was a great move. Luol Deng is an All-Star forward who averaged 19 points and 7 rebounds per game with the Bulls.

This is a great thing for the Cavaliers organization. “I loved this trade. Hopefully, with Luol Deng, we can make the playoffs now, increasing our chances of Lebron coming back next season,” says junior Ryan Doyle. As of right, now Luol Deng is averaging 17.6 points per game and 3.9 rebounds per game. He isn’t doing as well as he was on the Bulls, but he’s pretty close to it. The Cavaliers hope that Luol Deng will give them a boost. They are hoping to build him around star point guard Kyrie Irving. In this upcoming off season, the Cavs are going to have to be careful with what they spend their money on. Hopefully, it’s on Lebron James.

As for Andrew Bynum, the Bulls released him as soon as they got him. He claimed he didn’t even want to play the game anymore. “He’s a lost cause. There’s no point for any team to take him, because he won’t give it his all on the court every night for you. Maybe not even one night,” says junior Dillon Coughlin. Bynum was once one of the best centers, even one of the best players, in the NBA a few years ago. But after his injury, he hasn’t been the same player.

All in all, the Cleveland Cavaliers made a great trade. They now acquired someone they know will give 100% on the floor. Luol Deng was a great pickup. Now, all of Cleveland is anxious to see if he can do big things for the Cavs., in hopes for the return of The King.