No Surprise This Year In The BCS National Championship

After an exhilarating week of college football, the bowl games are set and ready to go. The Ohio State Buckeyes will face off with the Clemson Tigers in The Discover Orange Bowl, while the Michigan State Spartans will battle the tough Stanford Cardinal in the Rose Bowl. There are many other great match ups this year during bowl season, but the one everyone is looking forward to the most, is the BCS National Championship game.

On January 6th, the undefeated Florida State Seminoles (13-0) will be facing the Auburn Tigers (12-1).  FloridaState has one of the top defenses and offenses in the league, and Auburn is exactly the same. FloridaState’s main focus for their defense is to keep the rushing yards down to a minimum. With Heisman hopeful running back Tre Mason, who has 1621 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns, this offense will be very hard to stop. And for the Auburn Tigers, their defense will need to worry about heisman hopeful quarterback, Jameis Winston.

Everyone is very excited for this game. “I cannot wait for this game. I wish my Ohio State Buckeyes were in it, but I know it’ll still be a good game”, says senior Joe Connick. “I love FloridaState, and the fact that they are in the National Championship makes me so excited”, says junior Dillon Coughlin.

Both of these teams are very exciting to watch. “I cannot wait to watch this game! These are the two best college teams in the nation facing off!” says teacher Ty Merkle. Who will become the national champion, is still a mystery. Both teams are very deserving of this chance at the title. Auburn is in the SEC conference, possibly the most difficult conference in the NCAA. FloridaState is in the ACC conference. The ACC is particularly a very tough conference as well, but FSU scheduled several difficult non conference games also. 

This game has the potential to be one of those games that people talk about for years. If it lives up to its expectations, then nearly everyone will be watching. I can not wait for this game, and many other people around the nation feel the same. So if you are interested, tune into ESPN on January 6th to watch this exciting game take place.