Prom 2013: what you need to know

Prom 2013: what you need to know

Juniors and seniors, it is your time to shine. In just around three weeks, the biggest event of the whole year is happening. You guessed it: Prom 2013. Although it might not be able to top Kiss FM’s “Rock Your Prom”, our CHS Prom Committee is giving this year all it has with awesome brand new surprises that no one is expecting. Prom Committee’s director and English teacher Mrs. Mihalek told me, “This year, CHS prom will be filled with many surprises that the seniors will never expect. This year is going to be one of the best.”

What is going to be different this year? First off, the location is changing. This year’s prom is going to be held at Normandy, in Wickliffe. We will have an awesome DJ from Rock the House Entertainment. The theme of this year is out of this world, literally. It is called “Drops of Jupiter” and to my best knowledge, everything is going to be spaced out. When asked about the secrets this year, junior Katie Vadakin said, “There will be two surprise favors this year. That’s all I will say.”

What kind of refreshments are going to be at prom this year? Junior Kelly Fisher told me, “There are going to be many different choices of food, like Chicken Parmesan, pasta, and more for you to find out.” Will you be thirsty after all of the dancing? Have no fear, because this year, the CHS prom is going to have a free, yes, FREE smoothie bar set up for all to enjoy. You will be able to stop by, get a quick drink, and continue the fun.

How will you be able to remember this prom? I’ll tell you how: pictures. There will be a free photo booth set up for everyone to use. Props will be included as well, and you will be able to see your pretty faces online as well as receive a copy a couple days after prom.

Prom is going to be on Saturday, May 11, from 6 to 11 PM. Oh wait, I almost forgot the most important part: the king and queen. On May 10, we will be voting for the king and queen at school during an assembly, as well as on the 5 songs for the duo to have their dance. You heard it here first, the 5 song choices are “Drops of Jupiter” by Train, “Kiss Me Slowly” by The Parachute, “She’s Everything” by Brad Paisley, “Enchanted” by Taylor Swift, and “Give Me Love” by Ed Sheran. Pick wisely, for your vote could be the deciding factor for the best prom in the history of ChardonHigh School. Prom 2013, here we come.