“Dumb and Dumber To”: Better Than The Original?

If you have ever seen Dumb and Dumber, you will most likely agree that it is a classic comedy. The sequel to this movie, Dumb and Dumber To, came out last Friday, and was a surprise hit. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels appear again as Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne, and they do a great job. To this date, it has sold $38 million worth of tickets. To almost all critics, this is a huge surprise. Critics gave this movie 2 out of 5 stars. Most people who have seen it would rate it much higher.

“I loved this movie. It was just as funny as the first, if not better,” says senior Dillon Coughlin. The movie, has new jokes, and old jokes that refer to the first movie. So if you have not seen the first, you should probably do that before you watch the sequel.

“I was very skeptical at first. Looking at all of the reviews, I was worried it was not going to be very good, but it totally blew me away,” says junior Andrew Pikus. In this film, Lloyd (Jim Carrey), and Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) go on a trip to find Harry’s long lost daughter. Harry learned that he needed a kidney and the only blood related person in his family is his daughter. They go through many obstacles on their journey, and the laughs are almost endless. Jokes are made left and right in this movie, which is one of the reasons it is so great. The outcome, however, will be up to you to find out.

“I am sure I will see that movie at least 10 more times. It is going to be a classic for sure,” says senior Joey Grippe.

As you can see, most viewers very much enjoyed this movie. However, critics did not. Whether you enjoy it or not is mainly depended on the kind of person you are. If you are the kind of person who enjoys good humor, you’ll love this movie. Also, if you enjoyed the first movie, you will surely enjoy the sequel. So go to your nearest theatre and check this movie out. If you fall under the categories listed, you will not be disappointed.