Superhero Movies Remain Popular

Superhero Movies Remain Popular

The production of superhero movies has become a recent trend by film corporations. Superheros have been known to the public since their start as comic books in the 1930’s. The popularity of these superheros has passed on from generation to generation. Many people look forward to seeing their beloved comic book characters hit the big screen.

Chardon athletic trainer Brett Piper has all been a fan of these character from a young age. “I would watch the old school Batman on TV Land when I would get home from school.” he reminisced.

The Dark Knight Trilogy, based off the Batman series, has been a recent success for Warner Bros. Picture. Since its first release in 2008, the Dark Knight Trilogy has been one of the most successful series ever created. With its total earnings of over 1.9 billion dollars, it ranks fifth grossing film series in North America.

“The Dark Knight is by far one of my favorite superhero movies of all time”, exclaims senior Dillon Coughlin. Senior Meghan Suszynski  proclaimed the trilogy as “the best of all-time” and “a throw up between which one is the best one in the series, they are all so good”.

Another popular series has been The Avengers. Consisting of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye, the series has brought 1.5 billion nationwide to Walt Disney Studios. The collection of different superheros has been able to bring multiple viewer demographics. “I went to see the first Avengers movie because of my obsession with Iron Man,” confesses senior Jamie Benjamin.

Coming in May of 2015 is the sequel to Avengers, Age of Ultron. While the Avengers are taking a break from stopping threats, Iron Man attempts to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program with Ultron, a self-aware, self-teaching, artificial intelligence. However, his plan backfires when Ultron decides that humans are the main enemy and sets out to eradicate them from Earth, and it is up to the Avengers to stop him from enacting his plans. Along the way, the Avengers encounter the powerful twins, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, as well as the familiar Vision.

Other movies coming out in the future is Batman vs. Superman, Captain America, and X-men. All three of these movies are expected to come out in the spring of 2016. Senior Christine Stanko is extremely excited to Batman vs. Superman so “We can finally find out who the better superhero is.”