Which is Better: The Walking Dead or American Horror Story?

Both television series, The Walking Dead and American Horror Story, is taking America by storm.  Thousands of people tune into each television program during its allotted time of air.  But the question is, which would people rather watch?  American Horror Story is entering its fourth season.  The season premier set ratings record for any FX network history causing a renewal for a fifth season already.  The Walking Dead has increased its rating with each new season introduced to date, and the season five premier showed an increase of seven percent from the previous highest viewed episode.  It also, has just had a renewal for a sixth season.  Now many people would argue that you can’t compare the two television shows because they are based on two different genres.  But in reality, they are both of the horror a genre.  The Walking Dead may appeal to a more broad variety of people though because it involved a lot of action and drama, while American Horror Story is mainly just horror.  When asked which he liked better, Patrick Sullivan claimed “I get more into The Walking Dead, but AHS, American Horror Story, is more entertaining on a consistent basis.”  Many would claim that air time for each show is the reason as to why American Horror Story would be behind The Walking Dead.  American Horror Story runs every Thursday night at 10 p.m. and The Walking Dead runs every Sunday night at 9 p.m.  “I don’t really know if the air time for each show really affects the ratings, but I just think The Walking Dead is better. “ John Karikas exclaimed.  In this day of age, gruesome and gory scenes seem to attract the majority of people.  “I really don’t understand why, but I just find an attraction to this type of show.  Although, The Walking Dead can sometimes get a little too graphic for me.  I, ultimately, would choose to watch American Horror Story over The Walking Dead any day of the week,” Marina Loos proclaimed.  One thing that is nice about American Horror Story is that each new season is a new story line.  You can start watching before any season.  This does not go for The Walking Dead.  The Walking Dead is a very complex plot that has had many twists and turns that one just could not completely comprehend unless they have seen the show from the very beginning.  In the end, I would say that The Walking Dead triumphs over American Horror Story for a plethora of reasons.  Not only does it appeal to a wider variety of viewers, but it is given a prime television slot where it has high competition with many other television shows and sporting events.