Fine Arts: Lisa Poyar: An Artist in the Spotlight

ChardonHigh school is proud to have many students who display amazing talent in a wide array of skill sets.  This year, Lisa Poyar, a talented student through out who is independent, fearless, and a high quality artist, has been picked to be in the senior spotlight for fine arts.

“Lisa is cordial, helpful, not a follower, true to her own vision and an inspiration to me”, Says Chardon high school arts teacher Mrs. Steytler. Lisa has had an interest in art ever since elementary school at Notre Dame. She often looks back art pieces from her younger years amazed at her own talent early on. Lisa works hard from art project to art project doing an amazing job expressing herself.

“When I get into a funk, I do a lot of artwork”, says Lisa. She often uses art as an outlet even if it’s not always effective. Her friends describe her as “very independent”, and “helpful”. She works incredibly hard, and when looking at her pieces that is very apparent. Lately Lisa has had work featured at Lakeland community college, Heinens, Middlefield, and at the Cleveland Clinic. Her most recent project at the Cleveland Clinic is a plaster display which was placed number eight out of 1000 . It is what she pictures as multiple sclerosis, a disease in which nerve cells, the brain and the spinal cord are damaged resulting in physical, mental and psychiatric problems.  Lisa has worked with many types of media including silk paints acrylics chalk pastel pencil pen and water color.  Her favorite however is oil paints because she loves how well this media can be controlled. Her most recent oil paint work was a portrait of Peyton Tatonetti, featured in the Heinen’s show. Other recent works include a mural in the school, chalk pastels, and an altered book project. Some pieces she keeps and some, for instance Peyton’s portrait, might be given as a gift. Lisa is currently working on a piece for her dorm room when she goes off to college. She will be getting majoring in marketing and a minoring in art at the Miami University of Ohio. To finish of this year Mrs. Steytler is awarding Lisa with a senior art award and some last words of wisdom,

“Keep with your vision, make good networks, and the rest will take care of itself!”