Resurrection of ABC’s Ratings

Resurrection of ABC’s Ratings

ABC’s new Sunday TV drama “Resurrection”, based off of the book “The Returned” written by author Jason Mott, hooked over 13.5 million people on its series premiere night. If you happen to not be one of those people tuning in, the show centers around a little boy named Jacob from Missouri who wakes up in a field in China.  He turns out to be, or so it seems, the reincarnation of the 30-plus-years-dead son of an aging couple.  Some of the living are quick to just accept what is in front of them while others are rightfully a bit more hesitant.

“After I watched the first episode I had so many questions! Like will his parents accept him back? How did he not age one day? Is he going to turn evil and try to kill them like a zombie?!” wondered senior Katie Moore.

“Resurrection” strives to pull at your heartstrings without being sappy and makes you think about what you would be willing to accept, being faced with what seems like the impossible.  To be able to relate to this show, the viewer is required to suspend their disbelief to get down to the core theme.

“I think it’s a really interesting idea, I’m glad it’s not just another zombie TV show but something a little deeper instead, it really makes you think!” said freshman Maddy Hamulak.

“This show is definitely not a zombie fest!” added freshman Jessica Liechty.

The show has a lot to live up to, like the much creepier French TV adaptation of the book called “The Returned.” If it fulfills even half of its potential it could easily be ABC’s biggest hit drama with little competition coming from it’s less than successful lineup including series such as “Revenge” and “Scandal.”  With it’s quality cast and well thought out production “Resurrection” is in the ranks to be one of the better spring shows with encouraging signs from fans.

“I really hope they don’t cancel this show, I really like it so far,” shared Senior Matt Bolden, “It’s a pretty intriguing show.”

Since it’s premiere, “resurrection” has stayed strong in it’s ratings with it’s second episode.  Let’s just hope that not only is this new series bringing back its characters from the dead, but also ABC’s ratings.