Into the Jungle

Hair appointments, nails and ties are all signs of homecoming . So many decisions that go into that one little night. What dress to wear, what color that with to match your date, and of course….. who to go with. From which restaurant to eat at, or to eat at home is a major decision that your whole group has to decide. The hard thing about homecoming is your group, everyone has different taste and different opinions. This will definitely will be your biggest challenge at homecoming.

As this weekend passed, we just had the CHS homecoming dance. As always, it was great. Mrs. Grantham and her  Student Council crew really did a fabulous job with decorations and organizing the school event. The theme of this years dance was into the Jungle. With having Jungle Terry I believe it made this dance even more special. He brought with him many creepy crawlers and a few snakes. As he let the biggest snake just roam around the cafeteria, everyone was allowed to go up to it, take pictures and just pet him!

As we heard Mr. Murray on the announcements begin to say that he was very impressed and proud of our school on how we danced and behaved. Last school year was the first for the CHS student/parent contracts. I believe that the administration really believes that it helps and that is great! I think it was about time that they at least try something different and control the inappropriate dancing. As administration got all the contracts ready, Juniors were doing an amazing job decorating the front hallway, while the sophomores had the cafeteria.

Not only were people talking about the decorations but also the DJ. I have heard several people complain about him. In my opinion I believe the ones in the past were much better. People I’ve heard talking in the hallways were saying how he would have a 20 second pause in between every song, making it just awkward on the dance floor. Also, he wasn’t very up to date on his music. Playing a bunch of old school music is cool, but not for a high school dance.

We also had a sad lost on Friday at our homecoming game for our Hilltopper Football team against Madison. BUT a big congratulations to our 2014 Senior Homecoming King and Queen, Ray Bender and Kelly Turk!!